Mill Brook No. 1
This bridge is located just
west of the village of Doaktown
on Route #8 on the Nelson Hollow Road
It is closed to traffic.
Town Lattice Truss
Name: Nelson Hollow
Year Built 1870 and rebuilt in 1899.
This is the oldest covered bridge in New Brunswick and is one of two that used a hip or cottage roof. The Turtle Creek No. 4 being the other.
According to a plaque erected in the bridge this bridge was originally built in approx. 1870 and was rebuilt in 1899.
Return to Images
Hits on this page
Total hits on the Summerville Pages